Currently Loving

A few fave running items as of late. Check 'em out!

Oiselle Lesley Running Tight
The new compression fabric of these tights is heaven. I wore them for the Detroit half, high 30s at the start and maybe low 50s at the end. No movement, no slipping, no chafing, and just the right length. The drawstring is nice and flat, so it's easy to tie and hide. There is a zip pocket on the back right side. They were perfect and oh-so-comfy.

Lesley tight (Image: oiselle.com)

Elastic Shoelaces
Mine are not the exact ones in the link (they are a knock off from Sports Basement), but I'm loving the snug but not too tight fit of the elastic. It adjusts to my feet, stays tight where I need it, and makes my shoes fit even better. Not to mention the easy on and off that comes with it!

Newly elastic laced up shoes.

Oiselle Arm Warmers
Arm warmers, the perfect in-between item to make a short sleeve shirt temporarily long sleeve. They are easy to pull down when you warm up and tiny to store in your pocket, so no need to tie a jacket or LS shirt around your waist. I even love them with tanks for added warmth on the arms; I was skeptical at first but it really works. These even have thumbholes for hand warmth!

Orange arm warmers.

Thumbholes!

Oakley Drizzle Sunnies
I finally replaced my old sunglasses with these and I couldn't be happier. The frame is a good size, has a no-slip surface on the nose and ear areas, and is easy to pop up on your head when it gets cloudy. I've run with them comfortably on my face and my head many times depending on how the weather shapes up.

The Oakley Drizzle in Tortoise

The Flipbelt
Belts have never been my thing; who wants something on their waist when they are running? Or so I thought until I found this little gem. The Flipbelt is made of wicking spandex fabric, so it feels like clothing and not like a belt at all. You can slip items into the belt through little openings, flip the belt over so the openings are against your waist, and nothing falls out. I won't say it doesn't ride up at all, but for me it rides up just a little from my hips and settles into a good spot where it doesn't move. I've been doing long runs and races with this lately and I'm impressed.

It really does fit everything. (Image: Flipbelt.com)

Pro Compression Marathon Sock
It took me a while to try out compression socks, but now that I did I'm loving this brand. The compression is just right, tight but not uncomfortable at all. I generally use them post-run for recovery, but I've run in them a few times. Oh, and they make perfect boot socks if you want hidden compression at work.

Chillin' in ProCompression, complete with cat.

That's it for now. What are you loving lately?

Comments

  1. I think you listed all of the things on my current want list! I love the Pro socks too, they are very comfy, I wish I could get away with wearing them at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have casual dress at work, although I do hide them under boots a lot!

      Delete
  2. I loooove my Oiselle arm warmers and I've been looking to invest in the full-length Oiselle tights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE the tights - used them in Detroit. Sad thing is I don't know how much I can use them in California...

      Delete
  3. Oooh...I'm curious about the elastic shoelaces but I'm concerned they'll stretch out with time. Can you update after you've used them a while? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had them about 2 months and so far so good! I can update again later though. :)

      Delete
  4. My adidas clima-fit hat! Before I cut my hair, I never thought I would like running in a hat, but now, I find I can't go without one. It keeps those pieces still not quite long enough to tuck behind my ears, out of my face.

    PS-- I need one a pair of those sunglasses! LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo good to know! I don't currently have any hats!

      Delete
  5. I love those socks. I live in them. lol. And you have inspired me to check out flipbelt. I have been having issues with my spi-belt lately and not likely it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the flipbelt! Only one I've managed to wear.

      Delete
  6. okay, Paulette... I think you've just officially convinced me to break down and buy compression socks. I just didn't understand how they helped, but I trust you! I'm headed out to buy some:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope you like them! It took me a while too but I swear it helps. Even if it is mental...

      Delete
  7. I might have to give the elastic laces a try... I have been having "shoe too tight" issues, and maybe elastics will help. Have never tried arm warmers or compression socks, but maybe next years as I start training for a 1/2 again, I'll give them a go! Isn't running gear fun?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them for the auto adjustment that elastic makes - no more being too tight in one spot. Worth a shot! I worried they'd feel too tight all the time, but they haven't.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular Posts