Eleven Random Questions

It's my turn to answer the eleven random questions - I was tagged by Meredith (@DareYouToBlog) at Dare You To... in the chain of bloggers. This should be fun!

This is a game and are the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. You must post 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people YOU tag to answer.
5. Tag 11 people and let them know they are it!

My Eleven Random Facts:

1. I love red wine and tasting new wines. Sometimes I wish it weren't alcohol so I could drink more of it! My current favorite is Syrah from the Central Valley, such as the Pessagno and Manzoni wines.

Pretty vines at Casa Nuestra in St. Helena.

2. I didn't start working out until college, in fact I didn't even know what an elliptical was. Thank goodness my roommates saved me from the freshman 15 and introduced me to the campus gym. They created a monster...

3. I played trumpet for many years and was a member of the Ohio State University Marching Band during college. This is a pretty hard core tryout band, and I'm so happy that I could be a part of it.

4. I love cats. My kitty, Akai, is super sweet and cuddly. His sister, Kiseki, died of pancreatic cancer a little over a year ago, and we miss her tons.

Akai on his favorite blanket.

5. I'm a huge Ohio State fan, but I went to Michigan for grad school. Going to a rival school where many people care about football (and hate your school) was really, really weird.

Hats off with the Brutus statue on Lane Avenue.

6. One of my fave restaurants is BJs Restaurant & Brewhouse. It's not fancy, but the atmosphere is fun and I love the cookies n cream pizookie!

7. I'm strangely obsessed with mountaineering, mostly reading about it. I climbed Mt. Hood a couple of years ago to get a taste of it.

8. Running along water motivates me. It's so peaceful.

9. I love Green Day. There's something about them and Billie Joe is fantastic live. It's a little nostalgia too because Dookie was my first CD when I got a CD player.

10. My favorite vacation was to San Francisco in 2001. I said I wanted to live there during the trip; funny how I ended up pretty close to it 10 years later. I feel so lucky to have moved to the Bay Area.

11. I have a B.S. in Molecular Genetics and an M.S. in Cell & Developmental Biology. And my job isn't related to biology at all.

Wow, that was harder than I expected!

Now for the questions from Meredith:

1. What made you laugh this week? My husband!
2. If you were a dog, what breed would you be? Greyhound
3. What book do you recommend most right now? The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
4. If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Carnitas tacos
5. Team Gale or Team Peeta? Um...team Jacob?
6. What's your go-to recipe? Teriyaki-marinated chicken
7. What's your favorite color highlighter to use? Green
8. Are you superstitious? A little, enough to knock on wood or not walk under a ladder.
9. What sparked your commitment to healthy living? Heart disease in my family.
10. What was your favorite childhood stuffed animal/blanket named? Raccoon. It was a stuffed raccoon. Wasn't I creative?
11. What's your favorite color to wear? Red. It's bright enough to make me feel happy, and it does good for my skin tone.

Now, my questions for you:

1. Did you stick with your original career choice or change it up?
2. What's your favorite workout?
3. Red wine or white wine?
4. If you could live anywhere regardless of cost/job, where would you choose?
5. What's your guilty pleasure TV show?
6. Would you rather relax on the beach or ski in amazing snow conditions?
7. Are you addicted to the internet?
8. What is your favorite race distance to run?
9. Cat or dog?
10. What is your favorite color?
11. What band would you love to see in concert?

It's time to tag people. 
I'm not tagging eleven because many people have been tagged by now - but I'll do the best I can. Forgive me if you have already been tagged and I missed it.

1. Kevin Lu at Beyond Distance
2. Andie at A Little Heart And Soul
3. Karla at Running on Eagles Wings
4. Bari at Live Laugh Run Breathe
5. Jay at The Master Juggler
6. Holly at All That Is Holly
7. Abby at Live, Laugh, Run Today

To those tagged - don't feel obligated to do this, I just thought it'd be fun to carry on. Enjoy!




Comments

  1. I really have enjoyed reading all the random posts! I've heard so many good things about San Francisco. It's on my list of places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Team Jacob" that cracked me up - would've been my answer too! I have no clue what the other choices were.

    I've been tagged 3 times now, so I better get started on this. I'll prob do a mix of people's questions. So fun & thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me! Can't promise I'd be able to post mine, but I had a good time reading your facts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team Peeta! :) That question refers to the Hunger Games trilogy. Definitely recommend it as easy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA yess I laughed out loud at your 'team jacob' . You win :) (I agree!)
    (Thanks for the support, Natalie! FYI for the others - team gale v team peeta will be revealed when "The Hunger Games" book becomes a movie in march.)

    And I think that "Raccoon" is totally creative. I had a stuffed chipmunk, and his name was Chip. We're BOTH awesome.

    Thanks for doing this! I enjoyed getting to know you better :) Hope you had fun writing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!

Popular Posts